Customer Service Advisor
Dublin Dublin 53.3498053 -6.2603096999
€26,400 per annum
Things to note...
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made 939 million journeys on our services in 2019. Operating out of Dublin Airport, we now have the contract to deliver a service that operates exclusively form the main Dublin Airport terminal, to key central destinations within Dublin city centre.
About the Role:
Customer Service Advisors are proactive in delivering exceptional customer service to all National Express customers. With a comprehensive understanding of our services and products they provide detailed travel and ticket information to customers, while acting as a brand ambassador for the business at all times. Through empowerment, they work using their own initiative to resolve customer problems, ensuring a positive outcome is achieved. Advisors work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the business acting as the voice of the customer to champion common issues and concerns, helping the business to enhance service delivery.
The ability to flexibly work shift patterns, including weekends and bank holidays. Occasionally working overtime to meet business demands. You'll be predominantly working wthin an outdoor environment, assisting our customers with their journey requirements.
- To proactively deliver an excellent standard of customer service at all times. To use initiative and problem solving skills to own customer issues ensuring a positive outcome is achieved.
- To act as a brand ambassador through excellent personal presentation standards and detailed product knowledge.
- To effectively communicate information to customers.
- To positively up-sell National Express services and products to customers.
- To proactively provide support and assistance to customers, colleagues and driver teams.
- To be fully competent in the use of the relevant ticketing and operational systems, processes and procedures necessary to fulfil the role.
- To liaise with colleagues throughout the business regarding service updates and disruption.
- To champion safety, highlighting any areas of concern and ensuring safe working practices are adhered to –proactively intervening to prevent unsafe actions from occurring.
- To work collaboratively as part of a team to create a positive work culture through constant communication, integrity, positive energy and pride.
- Should the role requirements and responsibilities change, then these will be reviewed and amended in consultation with the individual
- The role requires the individual to actively follow NXI policies including Drug and Alcohol and Equal Opportunities policies
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications Required
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service in a fast paced working environment
- Experience of working as part of a team and independently
- A confident communicator with excellent people skills and the ability to put people at ease
- A proactive ‘want to help’ attitude.
- Work will involve standing and/or sitting for long periods of time due to customer demands
- Full time position
- Be able to be flexible to cover hours to meet business needs (Essential)
- Shifts: Working any 5 days out of 7, working shift patterns in between the hours of 5am (earliest start) and 11pm (latest finish)
€26,400 per annum