Mill Lane, Digbeth Mill Lane, Digbeth National Express House, Birmingham Coach Station B5 6DD 52.475415 -1.888473
UK Head Office - IT
Join us on the Journey...
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made 939 million journeys on our services in 2019.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Tableau Developer, based in the Midlands, who will assume responsibility for the provision of high quality BI reporting solutions to the business as necessary in order to facilitate an improvement in the quality and speed of decision making.
What you'll do...
- Deliver Tableau reporting to support the business, ensuring it is accurate and delivered within given deadlines
- Deliver new Tableau reporting requirements, along with any associated system and process changes to a high standard
- Ensure that the data taken from our data warehouse and other information sources as appropriate, is accurate, liaising with other business functions when necessary
- Provide support, documentation and training to other BI team members as and when required to ensure that overall BI deliverables are met
Essential skills you will have...
- Proven extensive BI development experience (minimum 3 years Tableau experience)
- Responsible for the design, development, and deployment of dashboards (in Tableau)
- Data preparation and data accuracy
- Understanding of working with Agile methodologies (Scrum).
- Able to operate in a fast paced commercially driven business environment – must be able to prioritise workloads effectively.
- Train and support junior Tableau developers.
- Strong communication skills with ability to manage stakeholders – experience of managing multiple business areas and stakeholders (to senior management level) with the ability to capture and shape business requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail, high levels of accuracy, able to think logically.
- Displays high levels of initiative and a passion for BI and Data.
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Free travel for you and your partner
- Company pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment according to the policy.
UK Head Office - IT