Salesforce System Administrator
Mill Lane, Digbeth Mill Lane, Digbeth National Express House, Birmingham Coach Station B5 6DD 52.475415 -1.888473
UK Head Office - IT
Join us on the Journey...
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made 939 million journeys on our services in 2019.
Here at our Head Office in Birmingham's creative quarter of Digbeth, we run one of the UK's busiest travel operations. Our mission is simple and significant in scope - to move as many people as possible around the UK.
As part of our Digital team and supporting the wider business functions, the Salesforce System Administrator/Developer will be responsible for the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our Salesforce products and focussing on either Sale or Service Cloud. Working closely with the related teams and Product Managers and Customer Service staff, the administrator will identify, develop and deploy new business processes. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator, part Salesforce analyst and 100% dedicated to our mission.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce environment with Sales or Service Cloud users
- Focus the organization’s use of data towards what best serves the mission
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user maintenance, modification of page layouts, generation of reports and dashboards, creation of new fields and other routine tasks
- Gather detailed requests for improvements or changes to the system, and implement these changes as appropriate
- Automate processes using Salesforce tools such as approval processes and validation rules
- Manage less complex Salesforce integrations - those not handled by a Salesforce Developer or Consultant/Partner
- Identify, install and maintain appropriate apps from the AppExchange
- Train new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Document customizations made in Salesforce
- Plan ahead for upgrades, seasonal releases and long term projects
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate and prioritize information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce and other integrated systems
- Extensive experience as a Salesforce administrator is highly desirable
- A documented history of successful project completion, with the ability to understand and articulate complex processes
- Strong Salesforce interest and ability to quickly master new technology
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, processes, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity preferred
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality preferred
Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment according to the policy.
You may also have experience in the following ...
Add work Areas
If the above sounds like a next step in your career, follow our online application process to express your interest! If you have any queries or wish to discuss any aspects of the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UK Head Office - IT