Company Secretarial & Legal PA
Mill Lane, Digbeth Mill Lane, Digbeth National Express House, Birmingham Coach Station B5 6DD 52.475415 -1.888473
UK Head Office - Head Office
Join us on the Journey...
National Express Group PLC is a British multinational public transport company headquartered in Birmingham. It operates bus, coach and rail services in the UK, North America, Germany, Ireland, Morocco, Spain, Switzerland and the Middle East. We are looking for an experienced Company Secretarial & Legal PA who will provide a confidential, efficient, and proactive personal/executive support service to both the Company Secretary/Head of UK Legal and the Deputy Head of UK Legal and who will also provide more general support to other members of their respective teams.
In the role, you will:
- Become familiar with the Company Secretariat calendar of Board meetings, other Board events, and the timing of various governance, share scheme and other compliance requirements, and be pro-active in monitoring and giving reminders to ensure deadlines are met. You will also attend team meetings and ensure actions are followed-up on and delivered.
- Arrange all domestic/foreign business travel and hotel and out of office dining requirements for all members of the Board, Company Secretariat and UK Legal teams, including producing full itineraries for all out of office trips, researching and ensuring bespoke accommodation requirements can be met and helping to arrange Board dinners and Company Secretariat/UK Legal team events. This role may require both national and international travel.
- Assist with the administration of Board meetings and the preparation of Board agendas, papers and packs, as well as Company Secretariat and Legal Reports for executive meetings. This will include scheduling Board meetings, arranging for invitees to attend, assisting with procuring content for papers, assisting with papers and report production and liaising with multiple stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met and packs and papers are distributed on time.
- Conduct electronic diary management and management of internal and external stakeholders for the Company Secretary/Head of UK Legal and the Deputy Head of UK Legal, including arranging meetings (physical and remote) and ensuring no diary conflicts, taking calls and relaying messages and managing stakeholders’ expectations on the availability and business levels of the Company Secretary/Head of UK Legal and Deputy Head of UK Legal.
- Administer the Company Secretariat and UK Legal team’s shared electronic drives, ensuring relevant documents are captured and saved into the appropriate folders, older documents are archived, relevant documents can be easily retrieved, and you will also administer the hard copy and safe storage of key documents, including Board minutes and original contracts.
- Produce and amend documents and spreadsheets within MS Word and MS Excel, provide assistance with creating MS PowerPoint presentations, provide assistance with formatting and password protecting, produce letters, and compose emails for and on behalf of the Company Secretary/Head of UK Legal and Deputy Head of UK Legal. You will also need to know how to convert MS Word documents into PDFs and conduct comparisons between document versions. You will also need to liaise with the IT team on IT and telecoms issues experienced by members of the Company Secretariat and UK Legal teams to ensure members of such teams have working IT and telecoms at all times.
- Open and distribute post, arrange couriers where necessary and assist with making online or hard copy filings of documents with relevant public registries, in the latter case supervised by a member of the Company Secretariat or UK Legal team, as appropriate. You will also need to order stationery and other office equipment for the Company Secretariat and UK Legal team members.
- Assist with the production and management of Company Secretariat and UK Legal budgets, including by tracking spend against such budgets.
- Prepare monthly credit card expense returns and complete cash expense claim forms as required.
- Manage the supplier ordering and payment process for Company Secretariat and UK Legal suppliers via our finance system, including by setting up new suppliers, raising and approving purchase orders and arranging payment of invoices.
- Foster an excellent working relationship with other key PAs across the business and provide support and cross cover as required e.g. holiday or sickness cover.
The successful candidate will be diligent and dedicated, possess high attention to detail, and thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment. You will have excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills. You will be proficient in use of IT: Google and Microsoft packages, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint. Prior familiarity with Diligent Board books and/or Diligent Blueprint would be of use.
You will demonstrate the ability to work confidentially and effectively with senior managers (using discretion at all times) and build trusted relationships with other key PAs/EAs and internal and external stakeholders. You will be able to effectively manage your workload and appropriately prioritise conflicting requests for assistance and respond positively when dealing with shifting and competing priorities and occasionally when requested to provide assistance out of normal business hours.
What’s on offer
The role offers an attractive basic salary, plus a good benefits package, including annual bonus opportunity, and pension. It represents an exceptional opportunity, for someone looking to join an innovative and agile organisation.
Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment according to the policy.
You may also have experience in the following ...
Add work Areas
If the above sounds like a next step in your career, follow our online application process to express your interest! If you have any queries or wish to discuss any aspects of the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UK Head Office - Head Office