Hurn Hurn BH23 6NX 50.7848569 -1.854166
£10.61 per hour
Join us on the Journey...
Solent Coaches, part of National Express Transport Solutions, are proud to deliver a tremendous experience, based on unmatched customer service, safety, comfort and reliability. Solent Coaches have earnt a reputation for providing passengers with the very best service, and we rely on our drivers to help us continue to deliver this.
As a part of our continued growth, we are looking to recruit Shunters/Cleaners to join our team on a 40 hour per week full time permanent basis. To be considered for this role, you must hold a PCV licence and a tacograph driver card.
Purpose of Role
Shunters/Cleaners perform various functions, which primarily involve moving vehicles around the depot, washing the exterior using the coach wash, refuel and adblue the vehicles, drop and clean the toilets to ensure a clean and Safe environment on our coaches for our Customers & Staff. The shunter/cleaner is assisted by a cleaner who will primarily clean the interior of the vehicle, but may need assistance from the shunter/cleaner, such as Dusting seats, Sweeping, Vacuuming, mopping, Cleaning windows, Restroom Cleaning etc.
Key Accountabilities and Duties
- Shunt vehicles around the depot
- Refuel and adblue the vehicles
- Wash the exterior of the vehicles
- Drop and clean the coach toilets
- Monitor cleaning stock levels to ensure adequate cleaning materials are available.
- Follow Health and Safety Guidelines while handling Chemicals
- Occasionally clean bodily fluids from the coaches
- Provide a deep cleaning function as and when required.
- To ensure all cleaning duties are delivered to a high standard and efficiently.
- Attend Training and Development where required
- Actively support, promote and adhere to the Groups policies and procedures
- Undertake any other duties deemed reasonable to meet the demands of the business and service delivery requirements, such as PCV driving.
- Liaise and Cooperate with all the Group staff to promote a single company approach
- 4 days on 4 days off rota
- 17:00 hrs – 05:00 hrs
- A Guaranteed minimum of 40 hours per week averaged over the pay month, additional flex in hours required to meet the business demand.
Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well random checks during employment according to the policy.
£10.61 per hour