HR Coordinator (FTC 6 months)
Mill Lane, Digbeth Mill Lane, Digbeth National Express House, Birmingham Coach Station B5 6DD 52.475415 -1.888473
UK Head Office - HR
£9.50 per hour
Join us on the Journey...
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made 939 million journeys on our services in 2019.
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Coordinator, on a fixed term contract until December 2021, to assist the HR team with a variety of HR related activities and projects. This will include daily maintenance of the HR Inbox, execution of transactional HR processes, resolving queries and providing excellent and proactive administration and coordination to deliver key elements of the UK People Strategy.
As the successful candidate, you will have previous experience within a HR environment, ideally within an organisation that recognises Trade Unions and Staff Forums. You will demonstrate strong administration skills, along with employment law and legislative knowledge/requirements. You will have excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
What you'll do...
- Manage aspects of the new starter process, including conducting right to work checks, DBS checks, organisation of pre-employment medicals and Drug & Alcohol testing
- Generate HR correspondence for employee contract changes
- Lead and manage general HR administration processes such as maternity hampers, long service awards, benefits administration, reference requests and ad-hoc mail merges for key projects.
- Manage employee filing system ensuring all correspondence is loaded onto employee files and that all managers who have access to electronic employee files are trained on how to upload and maintain employee records in line with GDPR.
- Work with the PA to HR Director to ensure relationships are maintained with key external suppliers in regards to raising purchase orders for supplies or services, passing invoices for processing and raising cheque requisitions.
- Monitor the HR Inbox responding to queries including re-directing and escalating to the rest of the HR team as appropriate
- Work with the HR team in liaising with managers and employees in respect of Company policies on maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave and ensuring all employment legislation is complied with and administration is completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Senior HRBP and Lead HR Advisor on the coordination of the process for UK Value Awards and any other allocated initiatives or events.
- Support HR Business Partners and HR Advisors with administration for any restructure programmes or TUPE transfers.
- Build and develop relationships with management from all locations within UK business
- Any other duties and responsibilities as required which are reasonably comparable in accordance with the conditions appertaining to the post and to meet operational requirements.
You'll be welcomed by a friendly and close-knit HR team who always strive to provide service excellence to our internal customers and consistently go above and beyond for our colleagues, so it's important that you value and prioritise these things too.
Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment according to the policy.
UK Head Office - HR
£9.50 per hour