Operations Intelligence Analyst
Mill Lane, Digbeth Mill Lane, Digbeth National Express House, Birmingham Coach Station B5 6DD 52.475415 -1.888473
UK Head Office - Head Office
Join us on the Journey...
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made 939 million journeys on our services in 2019.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Intelligence Analyst, who will identify risks and issues in business processes and systems and identify improvements via intelligent reporting, transforming, refining and simplifying reporting while providing insights, recommendations and observations in respect of trends to empower managers within the business supporting quality and appropriate decision making.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate expert analytical, communication and organisational skills. You will have a sound knowledge of Google Sheets and data visualisation tools (ideally Tableau), be a detail-oriented problem-solver who is able to employ ownership, critical thinking and time management skills and can work effectively both self-sufficiently and collaboratively.
What you'll do...
- Responsible for all operations and safety data, developing and managing all BI solutions, working with stakeholders to provide intelligent reporting and analysis to enable the operations team to implement required actions.
- Evaluate existing business systems and reporting processes getting the big picture by assembling the data and identifying ways to make improvements to one or many steps to increase productivity, reduce costs, improve time management or make needed changes to current processes or reports
- Creation of updated user manuals or documentation to detail changes and how to implement them once data has been collated and new processes agreed
- Conduct ongoing reviews of current systems and reporting, along with any changes that have been implemented to ensure continuation of monitoring and production of desired outcomes. To implement further changes to any steps in the process as needed to adjust improvements and to reflect results in productivity, cost reduction and other targeted outcomes
- Monitor quality control concepts and develop creative and innovative ways to improve business processes
- Reduce process errors, improve process results and save costs
- Facilitate process workflow modelling in order to collaborate on process improvements, automation capabilities and clearly defined end to end use
- Review information and trends to ensure that the output of processes are achieving the desired results and that services are meeting agreed levels
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Free travel for you and your partner
- Company pension
- Access to NX Health Bus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment according to the policy.
UK Head Office - Head Office