Mill Lane, Digbeth Mill Lane, Digbeth National Express House, Birmingham Coach Station B5 6DD 52.475415 -1.888473
UK Head Office - IT
Join us on the Journey...
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made 939 million journeys on our services in 2019.
Here at our Head Office in Birmingham's creative quarter of Digbeth, we run one of the UK's busiest travel websites. Through our ever evolving digital culture, we’re constantly innovating and suggesting new ways of making our products faster, more reliable and more attractive to our customers, and as part of our development team, you will play a key part in this process.
You will work within a dedicated Agile product squad, focusing on developing a single suite of applications and the technical ecosystem that supports it. This role focuses on the responsive My Account application, which is an upcoming product for National Express and fundamental to our business success. You will be responsible for making changes to Front End applications, completing tasks to deliver business benefit, occasionally utilising skills in customer facing applications, API’s, microservices and database changes.
What you'll do...
- Active development on client facing applications
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies. i.e.daily stand ups, estimation, sprint reviews etc.
- Reviewing developers' code, providing knowledge share and encouraging best practice.
- Create appropriate automated tests for the application created/updated.
- Efficient tracking of time spent on tasks and projects.
- Take ownership for deployments and releases of squad applications.
- Ensuring that all tasks are completed to the full extent of the task/story.
- Making sure that all code is correctly covered including success and error scenarios.
- Maintaining constructive relationships within the squad and wider team.
- Produce correct and full documentation around developed features/tasks/services.
- Actively participate in discussions with product stakeholders in order to highlight risks.
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Free travel for you and your partner
- Company pension
- Access to NX Health Bus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment according to the policy.
UK Head Office - IT