Mill Lane, Digbeth Mill Lane, Digbeth National Express House, Birmingham Coach Station B5 6DD 52.475415 -1.888473
UK Head Office - Head Office
Join us on the Journey...
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made 939 million journeys on our services in 2019.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Data/MI Analyst, will be responsible for providing analytical insight in to financial and other performance metrics associated with the management of Insurance and Claims activities. You will identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the department activity and where appropriate lead or participate in the delivery of improvements.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate extensive experience of reviewing and manipulating large data sets within Excel, and ideally hold a recognised accounting qualification. You will possess excellent attention to detail, with an ability to consistently produce reports that are free of error.
What you'll do...
- Prepare periodic reviews of claims performance for the UK businesses to assist in financial planning and accident reduction strategies.
- Monitor performance of the UK uninsured loss recovery process, and carry out periodic review of the calculations for claiming Loss of Standing Charge across the Bus and Coach fleet.
- Assist in developing the annual KPI’s used to assess performance of the UK TPA and monitoring performance against those KPI’s throughout each contract year.
- Oversee the central fund held by the UK TPA for claims payments, ensuring that the fund is managed efficiently and the UK businesses have visibility of their cash claims spend to support their financial planning.
- Oversee the VAT recovery processes administered by the UK TPA and manage this aspect of key supplier relationships.
- Provide monthly performance updates for the Accident Reporting Team within the department in relation to team KPI’s, including the impact of the intervention scheme in mitigating claims costs.
- Engage with EP Morris and the UK Operations teams to ensure that the accident data being captured is being used appropriately, including in accident analysis, and to identify opportunities to develop the system further to improve business oversight.
- Provide support to the department in administration of the insurance programme, including assisting with the gathering renewal information and timely payment of premiums.
- Provide other support to the department as required, examples include insurance renewal, acquisitions, and external audit.
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Free travel for you and your partner
- Company pension
- Access to NX Health Bus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment according to the policy.
UK Head Office - Head Office