Mill Lane, Digbeth Mill Lane, Digbeth National Express House, Birmingham Coach Station B5 6DD 52.475415 -1.888473
UK Head Office - HR
Join us on the Journey...
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made 939 million journeys on our services in 2019.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Officer who will assist with the preparation and payment of salaries and wages to completion for a designated group of employees. As the successful candidate, you will have extensive experience within a payroll department with multiple payment runs and demonstrate strong working knowledge of iTrent. You will, ideally, hold a recognised payroll qualification with the ability to work well under pressure and be self-sufficient. Knowledge of furlough and job retention scheme is also desirable.
Please note this is a fixed term contract between 3-6 months.
What you'll do...
- Record and input starters and leavers into iTrent
- Conversant and up to date will all legislative items attributed to the payroll process including NMW compliance checks and EU holiday pay calculations
- Calculate and administer company and statutory payments for Sickness Paternity and Maternity
- Load payment and deduction files into iTrent via data conversion
- Calculate overtime, mileage, expenses and all temporary payments relevant to the appropriate payrolls
- Prepare and administer permanent changes to existing employee data
- Run and distribute reports as required from iTrent.
- Respond to queries from employees relating to their pay including all statutory deductions, using manual payroll calculation methods where necessary
- Provide information to internal and external customers of the payroll department whilst adhering to GDPR
- Calculate outstanding training bonds and overpayments
- Prepare & send BACS files along with preparation & reconciliation of monthly PAYE payments
- Submit in year RTI reports
- Assist with annual pay increase preparation & payment
- Download and update employee tax codes from the HMRC co portal
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Free travel for you and your partner
- Company pension
- Access to NX Health Bus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment according to the policy.
UK Head Office - HR