Birmingham Birmingham Upper Thomas Street B6 5PL 52.5008332999 -1.8847289
NEAT Aston - Operations
Join us on the Journey...
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made 898 million journeys on our services in 2018.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vehicle Inspector to join National Express Accessible Transport to plan the Vehicle Inspection System in accordance with Company practices and Engineering Standards including where necessary making visual and physical inspections using appropriate tools and equipment to establish the condition of the vehicle or validate previous inspections.
You will have proven experience of working within a vehicle inspection role, carrying out safety inspections on vehicles of all types. You will hold a minimum level 2 qualification in heavy vehicle maintenance and have proven experience within a similar role. You will have a full UK driving licence and are able to work autonomously and flexibly whilst demonstrating strong attention to detail skills.
What you'll do...
- Make visual and physical inspections of vehicles using the necessary equipment and tools in order to determine the condition of the vehicle against Company Engineering Standards and Statutory requirements.
- Carry out minor repairs during the inspections where such work would not warrant separate jobs being issued.
- Monitor the quality of maintenance.
- Provide the Fleet Engineer with details of all vehicles requiring attention, specifying separately vehicles requiring attention by Works.
- Categorise defects correctly for priority attention.
- Carry out Fleet checks as required.
- Report on any repetitive defects which occur on the same vehicle or batch of vehicles.
- Take necessary action to ensure that unserviceable vehicles are brought specifically to the attention of the unit Manager.
We offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Free bus travel for you and your partner
- Free coach pass
- Company pension
- Access to NX Health Bus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment according to the policy.
NEAT Aston - Operations