Pensnett, Kingswinford Pensnett, Kingswinford National Express West Midlands, Second Avenue, Pensnett Trading Estate DY6 7UH 52.504465 -2.152359
Pensnett Garage - Operations
Join us on the Journey...
Don't worry if you haven't got a CV, you can easily apply for this role without one by inputting your details - or upload your CV.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Supervisor to join our busy team in our Pensnett Garage! We are looking for a friendly, helpful and professional individual to represent the Company to all driving staff. The successful individual will supervise and manage Drivers whilst meeting Service Delivery requirements.
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator carrying 1 million bus passengers each day! Our aim is to provide the best possible experience to National Express customers and to remain their number one choice in passenger transportation sector.
If you’re ready for a new challenge and would like to be part of our reputable company, now is your chance to apply!
What you'll do...
- Supervise and manage the driving staff population on a daily basis including welcoming to work, giving advice of information needed for duties etc
- Maintain a friendly, engaging and professional manner
- During evenings, weekends and bank holidays, manage and supervise Vault Handlers, Cash Counters and CCTV Operators and be the site responsible person in line with the Site Responsibility Policy
- Liaise and communicate effectively with customers and Drivers in an appropriate and timely manner
- Monitor the quality of service delivery and ensure that appropriate action is taken to rectify any problems
- Manage the dispatch and return of service, including VCR reconciliation
- Operate and update the applicable systems such as the Grampian DAS and the radio
- Monitor and record driver’s absence, holiday and sickness, to forward to line management and adjust duty systems. Manage the allocation of work to drivers in an efficient manner and working within legislation and Company and local agreements, including ensuring all work is covered whenever possible
- To operate and maintain computer and paperwork systems, ensuring accurate input and output of data and to the defined timescales
- Demonstrate flexibility in line with operational requirements, including undertaking driving duties
- Communicate effectively with AVL and the Central Radio Controllers to ensure service reliability and punctuality is managed, reporting any issues with vehicle availability and Driver issues on a day to day basis and documenting any predictable and unpredictable delays in service and set emergency diversions as required by the Short Notice Diversion Procedure
We offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Competitive salary
- Free Bus and discounted Coach travel
- Company pension
- Access to NX Health Bus
- Employee Assistance programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
- Endless opportunities for progression within the business
Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment acording to the policy.
You may also have experience in the following ...
Operations Management, Supervisor, Duty Manager, Controller, Traffic Office, Scheduler, Operations Supervisor.
If the above sounds like a next step in your career, follow our online application process to express your interest!
Pensnett Garage - Operations