Assistant Operation Manager
Perry Barr Perry Barr National Express West Midlands, Wellhead Lane B42 2SY 52.518269 -1.894383
Perry Barr Garage - Operations
Join us on the Journey...
Don't worry if you haven't got a CV, you can easily apply for this role without one by inputting your details - or upload your CV.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic depot as an Assistant Operations Manager in Perry Barr garage! The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in managing a team of drivers and operational staff that keep the garage running. You will also identify and implement cost savings, system improvements and efficiencies of the overall function. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has proven experience managing and motivating a team with excellent customer service skills.
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator carrying 1 million bus passengers each day! Our aim is to provide the best possible experience to National Express customers and to remain their number one choice in passenger transportation sector.
If you’re ready for a new challenge and would like to be part of our reputable company, now is your chance to apply!
What you'll do...
- Manage a team of drivers and operational staff including absence, personal development and training
- Ensure all services operate to a high standard and in line with set reliability targets
- Record and investigate all accidents in keeping with company procedure, attend major incidents where required
- Liaise closely with Engineering colleagues on the prompt departure of vehicles from the garage, ensuring all staff are aware of their obligations, the role of VOSA and the need to report any defects immediately
- Monitor the performance of electronic equipment i.e. ticketing, smartcard and CCTV ensuring any problems or suggestions are reported, accurate records are kept, and repairs and servicing are conducted
- Deputise for the Operations Manager where required
- Ensure effective security measures are in place to prevent internal and external revenue fraud
- Collate and deliver statistics and reports in accordance with set timescales or as requested
We offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Company pension
- Free bus travel for you and your partner
- Free coach travel
- Variety of deals and discounts from NX online portal
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Endless opportunities to progress and undertake further qualifications and training
Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment acording to the policy.
You may also have experience in the following ...
Operations, Management, HGV, Transport, Engineering, Automotive, Logistics, Team Leading, Health and Safety.
If the above sounds like a next step in your career, follow our online application process to express your interest! If you have any queries or wish to discuss any aspects of the role, please email email@example.com.
Perry Barr Garage - Operations