Mill Lane, Digbeth Mill Lane, Digbeth National Express House, Birmingham Coach Station B5 6DD 52.475415 -1.888473
UK Head Office - Head Office
£45,000 per annum
Join us on the Journey...
We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Manager working hybrid from our Head Office in Birmingham where you will be a key member of the CRM, Data & Insight team. In this role, you will be leading our research strategy and managing research projects that will encompass brand health and development, consumer trends, usage and behaviour, proposition testing and product and service development for our B2C and B2B divisions.
You’ll bring demonstrable research expertise to the team and will be able to draw on a strong combination of both qualitative and quantitative techniques and experience. You’ll work with stakeholders from across the business to understand research requirements, knowing how to prioritise, plan and implement projects for the business.
If you’re a champion of consumer research and you’ve got a real passion for understanding people’s behaviour and delivering tangible value for businesses, this will be the ideal role for you.
What you'll do...
- Develop the UK customer research function, understand key business questions and align effective, impactful research to drive proposition, brand and CRM activity
- Manage the relationship with our research panel supplier to build and maintain our permanent Customer Panel, ensuring that it is effectively used by the business.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to prioritise and manage the research requirements of the business
- Create a mix of standardised and ad-hoc research to positively impact business and customer objectives
- Use a variety of research methodologies to ensure all research is accurate, timely and provides the relevant business area actionable insight, as well as working on Competitive and Market analysis.
- Pro-actively develop a strategy-led market sizing model across the business, informing the business of potential markets, penetration into these and customer positioning.
- Work with the CRM, Data and Insight team, as well as wider marketing team to influence proposition, creative and targeting approach across all business areas
- Introduce high levels of statistical rigour to ensure all findings are robust
- Effective management of research budget in line with Head of CRM & Insight
- Development of marketing strategies to meet individual business/product objectives and to contribute to the strategic development of the overall National Express brand, ensuring that all marketing activity is in line with overall brand strategy.
- Support the development of annual product/business marketing plans through identification of insight led strategies and applications for growth and business development.
- Work closely with the Commercial Directors, Product Managers, sales, revenue management and retail functions to analyse current sales/market performance and identify, pre-evaluate and recommend campaigns to support commercial objectives through the use of relevant research
- Establish robust mechanisms and processes for the post evaluation and measurement and reporting of research results.
What You'll need...
- Educated to degree level. Market Research professional qualification desirable
- Strong research led background both in qualitative and quantitative research, with experience of agency management and management of customer panels
- Experience of managing and delivering a portfolio of research projects to tight deadlines
- Experience of working with different research methodologies.
- Ability to present, explain and interpret data or analysis to non-technical audiences and senior stakeholders
- Commercially astute
- Ability to collaborate, manage, influence and motivate across organisational boundaries
- High levels of problem solving ability
We offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- £45,000 per annum
- A free National Express West Midlands bus pass for you
- Free nationwide National Express coach travel for you and your partner
- Company pension
- Exclusive benefits and savings from thousands of the UK's largest retailers and service providers
- Access to our award winning Health Bus; providing free and accessible health checks
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme which includes free counselling and further support to improve your health and wellbeing
- An opportunity to take part in our Cycle to work scheme
Things to note...
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment.
UK Head Office - Head Office
£45,000 per annum