Lancing Lancing Spencer Road BN15 8UA 50.8247398 -0.3327885
£28,500 per annum
Join us on the Journey...
Worthing Coaches has an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to cover the Day shift. You will be responsible for delivering an efficient and reliable service and supporting other depots within the operational region through effective leadership, teamwork, and control of resources.
The ideal candidate will have a professional and ambitious approach, high attention to detail and the ability to manage drivers to ensure our service is able to run efficiently and to continue to meet our customer’s needs.
What you'll do...
- Supervise, manage and engage with our driving staff. This will include welcoming them to work, advising them of urgent information they need to know, checking on their fitness to commence work and other tasks.
- Proactively monitor the on-time delivery of all our services, using dedicated software and resources.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with customers both internal and external.
- Monitor, when required, the quality-of-service delivery and to ensure that appropriate action is taken to rectify any problems.
- Report immediately any hazard, faulty equipment or health and safety concerns and ensure action is taken to make the hazard safe.
- To attend and cooperate in any investigation following an incident as required.
- Infringement management
- Light engineering duties (e.g. Bulb replacement, wheel torques, tyre depth inspection)
What you will need...
- A Valid UK PCV licence (Category D)
- Previous management/ team leader experience.
- Good understanding of Microsoft software to complete administration and organisational tasks.
- Developed personal and communication skills with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Positive persona and the ability to work unsupervised.
We want to hear from all flexible and independent communicators who strive to deliver a vital service to customers, and that perform well under pressure. If you have a forward-thinking attitude and the drive to develop yourself and your colleagues, we welcome you to join us on the journey.
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Free travel for you and your partner
- Company pension
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid annual leave
- A variety of deals and discounts via NX online portal including travel, days out, cinema, mobile, car and many more
Things to note...
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment.
£28,500 per annum