Bus Driver - West Midlands
Up to £400 per week
Join us on the Journey...
Don't worry if you haven't got a CV, you can easily apply for this role without one by inputting your details - or upload your CV.
Looking to drive your career in a new direction for 2020? We have fantastic opportunities at our key locations across the West Midlands including Birmingham Central, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Acocks Green and Yardley Wood for individuals interested in becoming National Express Bus Driver connecting our customers and being part of providing fantastic customer service that National Express is known for. Whether you are at the beginning of your career, looking for a different line of work or simply searching for a new challenge, becoming a National Express Bus Driver may be the right job for you. (We also offer training to those interested without a PCV licence)
We have fantastic opportunities for individuals interested in joining our family. Our Bus Driver Academy will help you maintain and gain new skills and knowledge needed to succeed as a National Express Bus Driver. Experienced National Express PCV instructors will guide you through your career, providing support, training and development to help you reach your potential.
Our extensive training and development offerings include:
- CPC training and continuous training to ensure you keep your hard earned qualifications
- Free medicals as well as being paid for your time to undertake necessary medicals for CPC renewal
- Extensive route learning and vehicle familiarisation before you hit the road for the first time
- Company specific training such as ticket machines, processes, systems, defensive driving, disability awareness and much more
- Endless opportunities for progression within the business including our award winning Master Driver Programme (including free IAM membership)!
By joining our garages across the West Midlands including Birmingham Central, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Acocks Green and Yardley Wood, you will learn from one of our many Master Drivers and Driver Training Assessors. As a Bus Driver you will be supported in all parts of the job, preparing you to start your career in the transportation industry. You will learn all necessary driving rules and regulations, health and safety elements of the Bus Driver role as well as how to provide outstanding customer service to our passengers.
What we offer in return for your hard work and commitment:
- Guaranteed 38 hours of work per week of which you will often know your shifts up to a year in advance with availability to work overtime
- Free Bus travel for you and your partner as well as free nationwide National Express coach travel for you, and 50% off for up to 4 family members!
- Free uniform provided for your role including safety shoes
- Great company pension with life assurance included
- Over 4 weeks holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays (21 days rising to 22 after 5 years’ service)
- Variety of shifts and flexible working hours
- A variety of deals and discounts via NX online portal including travel, days out, cinema, mobile, car and many more
- Access to our award winning Health Buzz; providing free and accessible health checks to fit around your schedule
- Employee Assistance Programme
- The opportunity to join sports and social clubs as well as discounted gym membership at over 3,000 gyms across the UK
- To reward you for your dedication and loyalty, we offer fantastic long service awards at key milestones
To apply for this role you will need to hold a full PCV Licence with no more than 6 penalty points or driving bans. An up to date CPC (driver qualification card) qualification would be a benefit. We're looking for drivers who enjoy working with people to provide excellent customer care!
Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well random checks during employment according to the policy.
You may also have experience in the following...
Customer Service, Driver, Driving Licence, HGV, CPC, Passenger Transport, Driving, Delivery Driver, Taxi Driver, Security, Travel
If the above sounds like a next step in your career, follow our online application process to express your interest!
Up to £400 per week