Commercial Operations Manager
Bournemouth Bournemouth Yeomans Way BH8 0BQ 50.7535335 -1.8389489
Solent Coaches -
£45,000 plus Bonus
Join us on the Journey...
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Operations Manager to join our dynamic operations team based at Solent Coaches in Hurn Bournemouth..
As an Operations Manager you will ensure the effective, safe, compliant and commercially viable management of the operation (Private Hire, National Express and Contracts), together with providing back-up and support for the satellite depots as and when required to ensure coordination and operational consistency across the Group.
What you’ll do…
- Ensure the efficient and effective running of all Operations – National Express, Private Hire, Schools and Contracts.
- Manage the Driver Risk Profile effectively, initiating robust action plans when required to support drivers and mitigate risk.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all NXTS South Region Operations Managers and also with the wider NXTS team.
- Work closely with the NXTS Sales and Marketing Team to ensure that revenue is maximised and the right quality of work is taken on.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key accounts.
- Organise, lead and motivate the Operations team (Office and Drivers) to maximise overall performance.
- Control spending against operational budgets to ensure that all financial targets are met.
- Develop clear standard operational procedures, ensure that the required training is given and that the procedures are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Ensure that Health and Safety and compliance is a top priority within operations.
- Continually improve the efficiency and performance of operations to ensure that all service delivery and KPI contractual requirements are met
- Ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction, investigating any issues or problems immediately and reporting solutions and outcomes
- Ensure that customer experience is central to everything that happens within the group.
What you’ll need...
- Excellent understanding of the road passenger transport sector, including all relevant legal and external regulations and requirements for the operation of passenger carrying vehicles
- Excellent working knowledge of all daily site procedures, health and safety regulations, employment legislation, and people management practices
- Experienced in managing and motivating a team to achieve high standards of performance
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Thorough appreciation of the needs of external customers and external stakeholders, coupled with the ability to identify areas for improvement and implement effective action plans
- A managers’ National CPC qualification is desirable
What we offer in return for your hard work and commitment:
- Free nationwide National Express coach travel for you, and 50% off for up to 4 family members!
- Endless opportunities for progression within the business
- Company pension
- Life Assurance
- Paid annual leave
- A variety of deals and discounts via NX online portal including travel, days out, cinema, mobile, car and many more
- Employee Assistance Programme
Things to note...
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment.
You may also have experience in the following ...
If the above sounds like a next step in your career, follow our online application process to express your interest! If you have any queries or wish to discuss any aspects of the role, please email email@example.com.
Solent Coaches -
£45,000 plus Bonus