Basingstoke Basingstoke Berry Court Business Park RG26 5AT 51.3280178 -1.1118522
Join us on the journey..
Enjoy our "Golden Hello" scheme where you will receive a £1,000 bonus after 6 months of working with us.
We are also offering a one-off Tool Allowance worth £250
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineer to join our team at Mortons Travel, Basingstoke. The varied role of an Engineer within National Express Transport Solutions, means that as well as completing traditional mechanic based activities, you'll also be able to apply your expertise in a whole host of different areas on our vehicles...not just engines.
Join our team today as we have fantastic opportunities for PCV or HGV fitters/technicians/mechanics, based in Fareham.
What you'll do...
- Diagnose defects and effect repairs to engine, gearbox, chassis, axles, steering and brakes.
- Fault diagnose, using specialist equipment relevant to vehicles in your garage.
- Repair vehicles to Company and Statutory standards
- Prepare vehicles for Annual test (MOT)
- Service vehicles in accordance with Company and vehicle manufacturing specifications and to Company and Statutory standards
- Repair defects and identify with vehicle types relevant to your garage or place of work
- Maintain documentation as per documented quality procedures
What you will need...
As a successful candidate, you will ideally have experience as a PCV or HGV fitter/technician/mechanic and be able to evidence a NVQ/City & Guilds or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
We offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- "Golden Hello" scheme where you will receive a £1,000 bonus after 6 months of working with us
- One off Tool Allowance of £250
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Clear and achievable career progression
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Free travel for you and your partner as well as discounted travel for up to 4 family members
- Variety of retail deals and discounts including days out, cinema and mobile
- Employee Assistance Programme
Things to note...
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment according to the policy.