Team Manager NX
Mill Lane, Digbeth Mill Lane, Digbeth National Express House, Birmingham Coach Station B5 6DD 52.475415 -1.888473
UK Head Office - Head Office
Join us on the Journey...
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contact Centre Team Leader, who will play a crucial role in developing high performing, top quality teams that will breed positive behaviours within our customer
focused contact centre.
The Contact Centre Team Leader is responsible for the productivity, personal development and management of staff and activities within their team. The ideal candidate will help exceed customer expectations and maximise sales in line with business objectives.The ideal candidate will also support the Contact Centre Manager and the Centre as a whole to achieve and exceed service levels.
What you'll do...
- Develop personal development programmes for each team member that will enable them to progress through the agreed bonus structure, reviewing progress on a monthly basis.
- Ensure the highest level of productivity is achieved within team by continually monitoring customer demand against the resources available thus increasing sales and service levels.
- Evaluate processes, procedures and operational efficiency within area of responsibility on an on-going basis to improve levels of service and profitability. Ensure your team is up to date with new systems, products and procedures providing technical and in-depth product knowledge to support the team, as required.
- Respond to high-level, escalated contacts and incidents in a timely and professional manner, via verbal or written communications, to retain loyalty and avoid adverse publicity.
- Ensure resources are managed dynamically to optimise quality, service and productivity.
- Monitor compensation payments for individuals within team to ensure they are awarding and re-charging accurately.
- Oversee the provision of a consistently high standard of service within team to meet agreed quality standards and win customer recognition, loyalty and recovery.
- Support the Contact Centre Manager with recruitment, training and development of staff to meet the business objectives of reducing turnover levels and providing the highest level of service.
- Continually monitor and control all staff performance in line with company procedures, providing clear direction, guidance and support of a consistent and reliable nature, empowering staff to make decisions where appropriate.
- Chair monthly team meetings that provide clear and effective feedback whilst encouraging and inspiring ideas and team debate that will keep staff fully informed, committed and motivated, and capable of meeting their objectives.
- Take responsibility for identification of the root cause of complaints and endeavour to fix the problem at the first opportunity.
- Ensure Managing Attendance Procedures are adopted when dealing with staff absenteeism to ensure a fair and consistent approach is used and the level of sickness is minimised.
- Communicate effectively with peers and other departments to develop relationships and share best practice.
- Ensure all reports, statistical and administration requests are met in a timely, relevant and accurate manner.
- Co-ordinate the training of newly recruited customer services advisors developing and delivering prepared training packages as appropriate.
What you'll need...
- Excellent standard of education
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Proven experience of managing a team ideally in a call centre environment.
- High level of analytical and keyboard skills.
- Shift work over 7 days per week, potentially between the hours of 08.00am and 22.00pm
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Free travel for you and your partner
- Company pension
- Access to NX Health Bus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
Things to note...
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment.
UK Head Office - Head Office