Night Operations Supervisor
Hurn Hurn BH23 6NX 50.7848569 -1.854166
£27,500 per annum
Join us on the Journey...
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus and coach in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made 939 million journeys on our services in 2019.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Supervisor, based in Fareham, who will support the Operations Controller to proactively supervise and manage the driving team, and support the development and delivery of a planned service, ensuring compliance at all times with group values and expectations, legislative and health & safety requirements, whilst ensuring a safe supportive positive working environment, and a service that not only meets but exceeds customer expectations.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate excellent communication, oral and written skills. You will demonstrate experience at being well organised, and have experience of working within an agile environment, whilst possessing the ability to be decisive and take ownership of responsibilities.
What you'll do...
- Be the first point of contact and interface for customers, Drivers, services and other road users for the Groups fleet operation
- Ensure that the required services are correctly delivered as booked and/or contracted on a job by job basis and contractual Service Level Agreements are met
- Review and Maintain the Operations Supervisor Handover Logs daily throughout each shift and action as required ensuring that there is a clear, concise and complete handover at the start and end of each shift ensuring that there is continuity of service and a full understanding of prevailing operating conditions, issues and requirements
- In the event of service interruption take steps to ensure that customers are minimally inconvenienced and are kept informed with developments, plans and timescales
- Notify Commercial & Operations Manager, and Sales & Marketing Director of any change or disruption to the planned contractual service that constitutes a contract infringement
- Distribute complete and accurate Work Tickets together with all supporting information at driver sign on and, where required, reprint amended work tickets and supporting paperwork and provide this to the driver
- Ensure that fully completed Tour Packs are provided to drivers as the duty requires
- Have a detailed working knowledge of the content and sources of information for Tour Files to be able to support delivery of/make necessary changes to the planned itinerary to ensure service delivery
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Company pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
Things to note...
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment.
£27,500 per annum